Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finding blessings during deployment

So it is no secret that deployments are tough and down right mean sometimes! They never ever get any easier no matter how long or short they may be. Jarrett has been gone since the first week of January and I have definitely had my hard times especially when he told me he wouldn't be home until May now. If I have learned one thing from deployments it is that us military wives are incredibly blessed to live this life! When our husbands are gone, we have to play superwoman! Literally! We have to take care of EVERYTHING!

We have to:
-Play mommy and daddy(to puppies and children)
-Take care of the house, the laundry, the dishes and all the grocery shopping
-Work full time while managing everything else
-Pay any bills and run any errands that our husband needs us to
-Handle anything else for our husband's since we are their POA
-Deal with a sick puppy or baby on our own
-Deal with hearing bad news on the television or radio that could impact our husband's mission
-Go days at a time without talking to our husbands
-Deal with receiving orders all on our own
-Learn how to run our household and keep everyone in it safe when needed(learning how to use a gun when needed)

I'm sure there is more that I could add to this list, but these are the main things that I have come up with and had to do myself! When I think about all the stuff that I have had to deal with since Jarrett left I feel so accomplished and blessed by it all. I am finally realizing how strong I have become since becoming an Air Force girlfriend/fiancé/now wife! I've been with him for over seven years meaning I've been basically married to the Air Force for over seven years! Seven years of having to endure all of this and with every new year there are more things that I am responsible for when Jarrett's deployed! Before we know it I will be at home with our future children while he is gone and when that happens I will deal with that too! I am not afraid!

So heres to all my military spouses out there! One step at a time we are getting through these deployments and working our butts off to get things done so that our husbands do not have to worry about us on the home front! We are blessed more than we know!

2 comments:

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...